Friday 25 August 2017

Time Out - 10 Minute Fail!

Hello bloggers!

Time Out's latest challenge is an absolute nightmare for a creative procrastinater like myself: Autumn with the optional twist of Speed Stamping.  

I seem to remember there used to be a card challenge called '10 minute card dash' and I never entered as the thought of making a card in so little time filled me with horror.  Sometimes it takes me 20 minutes just to decide where to put the sequins:



Of course, what I planned and what I produced are two totally different things. I made a circle mask and envisioned a crisp, stamped circle of WMS Autumnal leaves with a PTI sentiment perfectly placed underneath.  Unfortunately the stamping left a blurry edge as the ink didn't adhere to the textured card stock too well. In panic I reached for the brown marker to create some faux stitching around the edge. It looked like something a 5 year old had made. So I rooted through my stash for a smaller circle, cut it out and plonked it on to the card case. In total it took me 14 minutes and 12 seconds. Considering I had to make the mask, die cut the panel, create the base, do the stamping and look for stuff inbetween I don't think I've done that bad a job! What do you think?

Enjoy the rest of your Friday!

Claire x






4 comments:

  1. I had to giggle at this Claire...the best laid plans and all that!! It is a shame it went a bit astray but you ended up with one CAS beauty with a lovely CAS look and warm Autumn colours-you only just missed it...I challenge you to have another go!! Thanks for joining us at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too chuckled at your description, Claire ... me too with the sequins! You recovered beautifully ... this is so deliciously autumnal ... such gorgeous pops of colour against the crisp white! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a simple, gorgeous card you ended up making Claire! I love the story. This is CAS perfection and looks quite elegant. Awesome job despite the re-routing! Great to see you at Time Out! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing how your card came about! Your end result is absolutely amazing! I love the gorgeous pops of color surrounded by my CAS loving while space!!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!